Building additions, decks, sheds, fences, etc.: Permits are required for any building or addition to buildings, such as decks or porches.
Demolition: The same permit is required when a building, including sheds, or additions are demolished. This ensures that it gets removed from your taxes.
For instructions on filling out the land use permit application, see this document: Land Use Permit Application Instructions. Submit it in person at the Township Hall.
Burning permits can be obtained from the DNR-E by calling 1-866-922-2876 or online at www.michigan.gov/burnpermit.
- Residents will be issued a permit number after the recorded message or online.
- Residents are no longer required to call the Township.
- Permits are not required for campfires.
- The Township prefers brush be taken to the Transfer Station on Tower Hill Rd.
- Burning must be 50′ from any building or structure.
- Burning must be 15′ from any trees, shrubs, tall grass, or debris.
- Fire MUST be attended.
- Items to extinguish fire must be readily available.
- Absolutely no burning of building materials, plastics, or trash.
- Logs and/or brush only.
Garage sale permits are available at the Township Hall. Residents are allowed three garage sales per calendar year. Please visit the Township office to acquire this free permit.