A fence permit is required to erect a fence. Please visit the Township office to acquire this permit.
Building Additions, decks, sheds, etc.: Permits are required for any building or addition to buildings, such as decks or porches.
Demolition: A permit is required when a building, including sheds, or additions are demolished. This insures that it gets removed from your taxes. Please visit the Township office to acquire this permit.
Burning permits can be obtained from the DNR-E by calling 1-866-922-2876 or online at www.michigan.gov/burnpermit.
- Residents will be issued a permit number after the recorded message or online.
- Residents are no longer required to call the Township.
- Permits are not required for campfires.
- The Township prefers brush be taken to the Transfer Station on Tower Hill Rd.
- Burning must be 50′ from any building or structure.
- Burning must be 15′ from any trees, shrubs, tall grass, or debris.
- Fire MUST be attended.
- Items to extinguish fire must be readily available.
- Absolutely no burning of building materials, plastics, or trash.
- Logs and/or brush only.
Garage sale permits are available at the Township Hall. Residents are allowed three garage sales per calendar year. Please visit the Township office to acquire this free permit.